Diabetic Education Sessions
Diabetic Education Program is our unique attempt at training our patients to handle and master the illness and provide them with strong confidence and independence over the disease. Experts in diabetology from National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE), United Kingdom, suggests a set of goals for education of a diabetic patient.
- To enable the healthcare professionals to set age-specific educational goals for the patients.
- To ensure patients have the necessary knowledge, skills and confidence to successfully manage their diabetes.
- To support those who care for diabetic patients on their journey from diagnosis throughout their life in managing optimum health and lifestyle.
The program has seen outstanding results so far by reducing sugar levels and maintaining normalcy at life and retarding and in many cases, inhibiting complications to occur.
Our team of experienced diabetic educators provides life management session for the patients, along with individualized care plan since we realize that there is no ‘one size fits all’ in diabetes. Centre for diabetes and Allied Sciences (CDAS) has been devising the programs based on different needs to diabetic patients & diabetic education is inherent part of the same. We work with our patients, individually and develop a plan specific to each patient with attainable goals improving disease outcomes. We realize that most of the disease management is outside the hospital and hence with our novel program we will teach our patients how to become an active player in their health management.
Our Session will focus on:
- Understanding diabetes as a disease
- Improve physical activity levels
- Diabetes survival skills
- Diabetes pathophysiology
- Acute complication management
- Carbohydrate calorie counting
- Insulin education
- Lower HbA1c
- Promote optimal weight
- Help quit smoking and limit alcohol
- Reduce the mental trauma and depression
- Improve general and overall health